Pan Fried Cod with Tomato and Cheese Gratin
less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
For the pan-fried cod
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 150g/5½oz cod fillet, skin left on
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the tomato and cheese gratin
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 100g/3½oz mature cheddar, grated
- 75ml/2½fl oz whie wine
- 2 rashers smoked streaky bacon, fried until crisp, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- For the pan-fried cod, heat the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Season the cod with salt and freshly ground black pepper and fry, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes, or until the skin is crisp.
- Turn the cod over, then transfer the pan to the oven and roast for five minutes, or until cooked through.
- For the tomato and cheese gratin, spread the tomato slices over the base of a small ovenproof dish.
- Place the cheese and wine into a small pan and heat gently, stirring frequently, until melted and well combined. Pour the cheese mixture over the tomatoes.
- Transfer the gratin to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- To serve, place the gratin onto a serving plate and top with the cod and the bacon.
Teriyaki Seared Tuna with Crispy Noodles Recipe Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time 10 to 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients For the tuna 150g/5½oz tuna steak 1 tbsp olive oil salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp honey 1...
Seared Tune with Red Pepper and Chilli Jam Prep time Less than 30 mins Cook time Less than 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients 2 tbsp olive oil ½ red onion, chopped 1 garlic clove, chopped ½ red chilli, seeds removed, flesh diced ¼ romero red pepper, seeds...
Pan-Fried Scallops with Lime & Coriander Cooks 2 mins Ready 10-15 mins Serves 2 as a starter Ingredients 6-8 scallops 1 tbsp olive oil 2 large chopped garlic cloves 1 tsp chopped fresh red chilli juice of half a lime roughly chopped coriander...
Monkfish Wrapped in Prosciutto Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time 10 to 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients For the monkfish 200g/7oz monkfish, trimmed 3 slices prosciutto freshly ground black pepper 1 tbsp olive oil For the sauce 2 tbsp...
King Scallops with Ginger and Lime Butter This is a great time of year for plump, firm scallops, which love the cold waters of winter. For this zesty dish we used kind scallops with the roes trimmed off, but leave them on if you prefer. Ingredients For...
Spicy Pan-Fried Haddock with Sweet Potatoes & Peas Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time 10 to 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients 2 tbsp olive oil 100g/3½oz haddock, skin removed 1 tbsp lemon juice salt and freshly ground black pepper 1...
Spiced Haddock Chowder Mustard and spice add zing to this milk-poached haddock. Each serving provides 300kcal, 20g protein, 27g carbohydrate (of which 14g sugars), 11.5g fat (of which 7g saturates), 5g fibre and 0.5g salt. Preparation time less than 30...
Smoked Haddock and Pea Risotto Preparation time Less than 30 minutes Cooking time 10 to 30 minutes Serves 1 Ingredients 1 tbsp olive oil ¼ onion, finely diced 3½oz basmati rice 50ml/2fl oz white wine 100g/3½oz smoked haddock (half cut into pieces, the...
Sea Bass Fillet with Rosemary, Lemon and Sea Salt Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time less than 10 mins Serves 1 Ingredients 1 sea bass fillet 4 sprigs fresh rosemary olive oil sea salt 1 lemon, sliced Method Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7....
Pan Fried Cod with Minted Peas, Broad Beans & Pancetta Prep time: less than 30 mins Cook time: less than 30 mins Serves 4 Ingredients For the minted peas 500ml/18fl oz chicken stock 300g/10½oz frozen peas 1 tbsp crème fraîche 5 sprigs fresh mint,...
Sign up to our newsletter
Be the first to hear about new seasonal produce, offers and recipes. Sign up using your email address below