Smoked Haddock and Pea Risotto
Less than 30 minutes
10 to 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- 3½oz basmati rice
- 50ml/2fl oz white wine
- 100g/3½oz smoked haddock (half cut into pieces, the rest left whole)
- 150ml/¼pint hot chicken stock
- 50g/2oz frozen peas
- Heat the olive oil in a medium heavy-bottomed pan and sauté the onions until softened.
- Add the basmati rice and stir to coat the grains and cook until the grains turn translucent.
- Add the white wine and cook for one minute.
- Add the chopped smoked haddock and a ladleful of chicken stock. Cook until the stock has been absorbed and stir constantly. Keep adding the stock gradually until it has all been absorbed and the rice is cooked but still retains a little bite.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for another minute.
- While completing step four, drizzle a little olive oil over the remaining smoked haddock and griddle for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- To serve, spoon the risotto and top with the griddled haddock.
Teriyaki Seared Tuna with Crispy Noodles Recipe Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time 10 to 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients For the tuna 150g/5½oz tuna steak 1 tbsp olive oil salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp honey 1...
Seared Tune with Red Pepper and Chilli Jam Prep time Less than 30 mins Cook time Less than 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients 2 tbsp olive oil ½ red onion, chopped 1 garlic clove, chopped ½ red chilli, seeds removed, flesh diced ¼ romero red pepper, seeds...
Pan-Fried Scallops with Lime & Coriander Cooks 2 mins Ready 10-15 mins Serves 2 as a starter Ingredients 6-8 scallops 1 tbsp olive oil 2 large chopped garlic cloves 1 tsp chopped fresh red chilli juice of half a lime roughly chopped coriander...
Monkfish Wrapped in Prosciutto Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time 10 to 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients For the monkfish 200g/7oz monkfish, trimmed 3 slices prosciutto freshly ground black pepper 1 tbsp olive oil For the sauce 2 tbsp...
King Scallops with Ginger and Lime Butter This is a great time of year for plump, firm scallops, which love the cold waters of winter. For this zesty dish we used kind scallops with the roes trimmed off, but leave them on if you prefer. Ingredients For...
Spicy Pan-Fried Haddock with Sweet Potatoes & Peas Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time 10 to 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients 2 tbsp olive oil 100g/3½oz haddock, skin removed 1 tbsp lemon juice salt and freshly ground black pepper 1...
Spiced Haddock Chowder Mustard and spice add zing to this milk-poached haddock. Each serving provides 300kcal, 20g protein, 27g carbohydrate (of which 14g sugars), 11.5g fat (of which 7g saturates), 5g fibre and 0.5g salt. Preparation time less than 30...
Sea Bass Fillet with Rosemary, Lemon and Sea Salt Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time less than 10 mins Serves 1 Ingredients 1 sea bass fillet 4 sprigs fresh rosemary olive oil sea salt 1 lemon, sliced Method Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7....
Pan Fried Cod with Minted Peas, Broad Beans & Pancetta Prep time: less than 30 mins Cook time: less than 30 mins Serves 4 Ingredients For the minted peas 500ml/18fl oz chicken stock 300g/10½oz frozen peas 1 tbsp crème fraîche 5 sprigs fresh mint,...
Marinated Salmon with Chilli, Lime and Honey Preparation time: Less than 30 minutes Cooking time: Less than 10 minutes Serves 2 Ingredients 2x 180g/6oz salmon fillet steaks 5ml ½ tsp chilli sauce Juice and zest of 1 lime 5ml ½ tsp clear honey Ground...
Sign up to our newsletter
Be the first to hear about new seasonal produce, offers and recipes. Sign up using your email address below