Teriyaki Seared Tuna with Crispy Noodles Recipe
less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
For the tuna
- 150g/5½oz tuna steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
For the crispy noodles
- For the tuna, rub the tuna steak with the oil and season both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan until very hot. Add the tuna steak and sear for two minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through.
- Pour over the soy and honey and allow to cook and caramelise for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds and set aside.
- To make the noodles, heat the vegetable oil in a deep, heavy bottomed saucepan until a breadcrumb sizzles and turns brown when added to it. (CAUTION: hot oil can be dangerous, do not leave unattended.)
- Carefully add the rice noodles to the hot oil. They will puff up and cook in a few seconds, then carefully remove and drain on kitchen towels.
- To serve, place the tuna on a small warm plate and place the crispy noodles in a bowl alongside.
Seared Tune with Red Pepper and Chilli Jam Prep time Less than 30 mins Cook time Less than 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients 2 tbsp olive oil ½ red onion, chopped 1 garlic clove, chopped ½ red chilli, seeds removed, flesh diced ¼ romero red pepper, seeds...
Pan-Fried Scallops with Lime & Coriander Cooks 2 mins Ready 10-15 mins Serves 2 as a starter Ingredients 6-8 scallops 1 tbsp olive oil 2 large chopped garlic cloves 1 tsp chopped fresh red chilli juice of half a lime roughly chopped coriander...
Monkfish Wrapped in Prosciutto Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time 10 to 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients For the monkfish 200g/7oz monkfish, trimmed 3 slices prosciutto freshly ground black pepper 1 tbsp olive oil For the sauce 2 tbsp...
King Scallops with Ginger and Lime Butter This is a great time of year for plump, firm scallops, which love the cold waters of winter. For this zesty dish we used kind scallops with the roes trimmed off, but leave them on if you prefer. Ingredients For...
Spicy Pan-Fried Haddock with Sweet Potatoes & Peas Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time 10 to 30 mins Serves 1 Ingredients 2 tbsp olive oil 100g/3½oz haddock, skin removed 1 tbsp lemon juice salt and freshly ground black pepper 1...
Spiced Haddock Chowder Mustard and spice add zing to this milk-poached haddock. Each serving provides 300kcal, 20g protein, 27g carbohydrate (of which 14g sugars), 11.5g fat (of which 7g saturates), 5g fibre and 0.5g salt. Preparation time less than 30...
Smoked Haddock and Pea Risotto Preparation time Less than 30 minutes Cooking time 10 to 30 minutes Serves 1 Ingredients 1 tbsp olive oil ¼ onion, finely diced 3½oz basmati rice 50ml/2fl oz white wine 100g/3½oz smoked haddock (half cut into pieces, the...
Sea Bass Fillet with Rosemary, Lemon and Sea Salt Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time less than 10 mins Serves 1 Ingredients 1 sea bass fillet 4 sprigs fresh rosemary olive oil sea salt 1 lemon, sliced Method Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7....
Pan Fried Cod with Minted Peas, Broad Beans & Pancetta Prep time: less than 30 mins Cook time: less than 30 mins Serves 4 Ingredients For the minted peas 500ml/18fl oz chicken stock 300g/10½oz frozen peas 1 tbsp crème fraîche 5 sprigs fresh mint,...
Marinated Salmon with Chilli, Lime and Honey Preparation time: Less than 30 minutes Cooking time: Less than 10 minutes Serves 2 Ingredients 2x 180g/6oz salmon fillet steaks 5ml ½ tsp chilli sauce Juice and zest of 1 lime 5ml ½ tsp clear honey Ground...
Sign up to our newsletter
Be the first to hear about new seasonal produce, offers and recipes. Sign up using your email address below